Based in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, Orphan SA began operations in November 2005.
- We provide niche products to specialists in South Africa and surrounding countries
- We specialize in the development, marketing and distribution of products used to treat serious and/or life threatening disorders, where current therapy is either unavailable or inadequate.
- Orphan SA, uses targeted and specialized marketing techniques (with an emphasis on education) tailored to meet the needs of our international partners, their products and customers.
Our product range continues to grow in response to:
- New product opportunities
- The changing market
- Customer needs
Our product range continues to evolve to include:
- New therapeutic areas
- New products for existing therapeutic areas
Our Therapeutic Areas
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Metabolic Disorders
- Partners - North American and European companies with quality pharmaceutical products.
- Products - To treat serious a disorders that affect relatively small patient populations.
- Customers - Specialists in hospitals and private practice, and other targeted healthcare professionals.
- People - With the skill and experience to complement our products and serve the needs of the market
The Orphan SA Advantage
- Dedicated to our local region
- Access to global resources and knowledge
- Pre-approval distribution of products according to local regulatory requirements
- Commitment to product registration and government reimbursement where possible
- Ability to provide a level of service that matches the unique product requirements for specialists and their patients
- Willingness to, and proven track record of, working closely with specialist medical groups
- A genuine focus based on market needs
- Flexible and responsive to our partner's needs